HOW TO CHOOSE BETWEEN WOODEN, ALUMINIUM AND PVC SHUTTERS
Every so often one looks at renovating their home to suit their style, maybe you are a new home owner and want to add a personal touch to your new home but are confused on which shutters really compliment your taste or are looking at understanding the pros and cons. Well today is your lucky day as we’ll be talking all things shutters, what the different types of shutters feature, the costing and more. Sit back and relax as we take you through everything you need to know about choosing shutters that will make your home elegantly stylish.
PVC Shutters are popular for their price tag and longer life span, this makes them the new favourite in many households. Beyond the price tag let’s look at what sets PVC Shutters apart from the rest.
Advantages of PVC:
• PVC Shutters have excellent insulation properties resulting in high energy efficiency.
• PVC Shutters come in many attractive designs.
• PVC Shutters carry long warranties
• PVC Shutters offer a tilt and turn option
• PVC Shutters are maintenance free
• PVC Shutters extrusions can be recycled
Disadvantages of PVC Shutters:
• Painting of PVC Shutters pushes the price up considerably. For this reason, customers are limited to white if they choose PVC Shutters
• There are size limitations to PVC Shutters. They are less customisable than wooden and aluminium shutters, but offer options not available in aluminium, such as French shutters with no vertical mullions to break the view once open.
Wooden shutters are affectionately known for their warm and beauty. As with most natural elements in our homes and buildings, wooden shutters require care and attention. If well looked after these shutters will last you for a long time.
Advantages of Wooden Shutters:
• Wooden Shutters are aesthetically pleasing
• Wooden Shutters can be customised
• Wooden Shutters have good natural insulation properties
• Wooden Shutters are energy efficient
• Wooden Shutters come in a variety of finishes
Disadvantages of Wooden Shutters:
• Wooden Shutters require regular maintenance
• Wooden Shutters tend to be more expensive than aluminium after glazing and painting or varnishing
Aluminium Shutters are known to be the ideal shutters for South African homes as they offer an unlimited ranger of colours, sizes and are cost efficient. They area also known for their durability weather resistance and very little maintenance. When installed correctly, aluminium windows and doors will meet all your environmental regulations.
Advantages of Aluminium Shutters:
• Aluminium Shutters are cost-effective
• Aluminium Shutters are customisable – particularly for unusual openings
• Aluminium Shutters come in 4 standard colour options and an endless variety of custom colours
• Aluminium Shutters are easy to install
• Aluminium Shutters are virtually maintenance free
Disadvantages of Aluminium Shutters:
• Aluminium Shutters insulation properties are dependent on glazing selected